Friday 2 July 2010

Just trust

No choice - but to trust now
A reluctant choice…
But one that enlarges, strengthens
Changes me

The controls … out of my reach
Nothing I can do…
Will alter things…
I must just walk, faithfully
Choosing your peace
When anxiety would overwhelm

Every desire, every instinct
Is to sort things out
Change things for the better

But … I can’t reach the controls
That shape my life
Forced…
To live … one day at a time
Not knowing what tomorrow will bring

Can’t plan for the future
Too many unknowns

No security in jobs, finance
Or planning.

I dreamt I was going somewhere
Peaceful to think things through
Plan … find a solution

But that was just a dream

Instead - I must learn to live with
Uncertainty, the unknown
To trust …
Hold on to your word
That when one source of supply
Runs dry
There will be a new supply…

My attempts
To sort things out
Has left me worse off …
Than before.

No choice…
All I can do is trust
Put my future…and harder
than that …
the future of those that I love …
in Your strong hands
and simply trust
You…

No comments:

Post a Comment